19 iPhone Tricks And Tips you didn't Know. #7 I had no clue about!
1. There is an undo function that allows you to go back if you make a mistake writing a text message, email, or editing a photo. Simply shake your phone and this option will pop up.
2. Double-tapping the spacebar will automatically end the sentence with a period and start a new one for you.
3. As long as the camera app is open, you can use the volume buttons to take a photos.
Woah, this just stepped up my selfie game!
4. You can teach Siri how to properly pronounce words by saying, "That's not how you pronounce______ " and she will then give alternatives for you to choose the correct one.
5. By holding down the capture button in the camera app, your phone will take a series of photos so you can get the perfect shot.
6. You can control the scrubbing rate of streaming video/audio by moving your finger down the screen.
7. You can see the timestamps of your text messages by sliding your texts over to the left.
8. Swipe left on the Compass app and your iPhone will work as a level.
9. Your phone will charge much faster if you turn on "Airplane Mode" while charging.
10. Instead of having your phone vibrate or ring when you get a call or text, you can have it emit an LED flash. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility, then scroll down and turn on “LED Flash for Alerts.”
11. You can set a timer for listening to music or audiobooks before bed. Just launch your Clock app, choose the Timer button in the lower right and set the timer for however long you want your media to play. Then, tap "When Timer Ends," scroll to the bottom and choose "Stop Playing". Now you'll never have to turn off your music again after falling asleep.
12. You can create a longer passcode with letters instead of numbers. Go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock and turn off “Simple Passcode.”
13. You can find out what airplanes are flying about you. Just ask Siri "what flights are overhead."
14. Your phone will read texts aloud. Start by going into the Settings app. Choose General, tap Accessibility, then turn on the Speak Selection feature. After you've done this, the "Speak" option will always appear when you highlight text.
15. Change the vibration pattern for notifications. Go to Settings > Sounds > Ringtone > Vibration > Create New Vibration.You’ll be able to tell who’s calling or texting you just by the vibration.
16. If you hold down the "." on your keyboard, a menu will pop up with a list of web suffices to choose from, saving you the time of typing it out.
17. Take a screen shot by holding down the home button and the on/off button at the same time. The screen shot will then be saved in your camera roll.
This also works for iPad.
18. You can access all of your email drafts easily by holding down the "Compose" icon. It will then give you a list of all of your previous drafts.
19. Create shortcuts in no time. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Add New Shortcut. Enter a word or phrase that you use a lot and what you want the shortcut to be. Now, every time you type that shortcut, the whole word/phrase will appear.